Thursday, May 20, 2010

When Does Time Stop?

When does time stop?
I mean ultimately we know the answer is never.
due to its impossibility.
but, with every lifetime there are countless, encounters and moments That it seems to. or you wish it too.
However, Now I find myself not in the moment wishing it, I just wish I could go back and relive it like a broken record. and I know that the magic, or power of that moment wouldn't ever subside.
I lie awake dreaming. yes, Not when i'm asleep, when i'm asleep i'm haunted by thoughts and fact, that it can never occur, my subconcious thoughts over power my hatred for those dreams. and they just continue.
So, I just lie awake and remember.
sometimes, they try to run away.
The memories try to escape, to tell me that it never happened.
I lie there grasping trying to retain them. trying to hold on to them so tightly wanted to scream, don't leave me. Because, there will be times that all you will have are the memories.
and I will hold them so close, that they will never escape.

or become distorted.

Sometimes when tragedy, strikes you wish time would stop.
I know after my car wreck time passed so quickly 2 hours seemed like
five minutes, granted this was due to the commotion and choas that was just held. but still. it happened.

that was my closest encounter to time stopping
because for me, the beautiful moments, my best moments in life. the
kind that make life beautiful and worth while, pass to quickly

sometimes, I need time to stop. Because honestly, i'm not ready to move on. I need time to cease so I can regain myself, compose myself, and than let me move on

But, while I sit and wish and dwell on the tragedy that had just entered my life.
I feel like the whole world should stop and mourn with me.
That what had just happened, isn't right, or fair,
and the fact that people all over right now are laughing, living, and experiencing possibly the greatest moment in their life isn't right. it just doesn't seem that way.
At the loss of my friend this past weekend, i still returned to work, trying to distract myself
from the loss that I had just experienced.
She is whole,
we a broken.
ironic.
that when she was dieing.
she taught us all how to live.
she was an inspiration and the loss of her. I prayed, and pleed that time would stop as I was
curled under my blankets, that time should stop. But, it wouldn't
The clock just ticked tauntingly next to me. refusing to fufill my plea

But, now. I will live. I will await those precious most that seem to pass to quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment